10 Coronavirus Topics . . . Katie Couric’s Quarantine, and Closed Locker Rooms
1. The NBA, NHL, MLB and Major League Soccer are closing access to locker rooms and clubhouses to all non-essential personnel in response to the coronavirus crisis. That means NO reporters. They all say the changes are temporary, and are meant to protect the players and staff.
2. KATIE COURIC is the latest famous person to “work from home” after having some contact with someone who was later diagnosed with COVID-19. Katie says she’s voluntarily quarantining herself . . . and hasn’t had any symptoms.
Her infected friend was Rick Cotton, who’s the head of Port Authority in New York City. Hopefully, he recovers soon.
3. Italian designer GIORGIO ARMANI has donated 1.25 million euros, which is roughly $1.4 million U.S., to four hospitals in Italy to help tackle the outbreak. Sadly, it’s pretty intense there.
4. STEPHEN KING does NOT like people comparing COVID-19 to his book “The Stand”. He Tweeted, quote, “No, coronavirus is NOT anywhere near as serious. It’s eminently survivable. Keep calm and take all reasonable precautions.”
5. The organizers of Coachella and Stagecoach are reportedly in talks to move both festivals to October. They’re currently scheduled for next month.
6. As for music tours . . . PEARL JAM was supposed to kick off their North American tour on March 18th, but they’ve postponed it. RICHARD MARX canceled his European tour . . . and MADONNA canceled the rest of her dates. Also, KISS has canceled “meet and greets.”
7. If you’ve already washed your hands and are looking for some coronavirus-related LEVITY, Billboard.com has 10 silly coronavirus-related songs.
8. Televangelist JIM BAKKER has been ordered to stop promoting a fake coronavirus cure. The World Health Organization wants to make it clear there’s no cure or vaccine for the coronavirus . . . yet.
9. CRISTIANO RONALDO played the 1,000th game of his career . . . in front of an empty stadium. He had some fun with it though, and gave imaginary fans high-fives.
10. The “Hollywood Reporter” is wondering whether older moviegoers will avoid theaters after the CDC advisory on crowds. Experts say people over 60 should stay away from crowded cruise ships, movie theaters, shopping malls, and religious services.
Like The Joe Show on Facebook. Follow The Joe Show on Twitter. Subscribe to The Joe Show on Youtube. Follow The Joe Show on Instagram.