Here are a few coronavirus stories making headlines . . .
1. A 100-year-old man in China has RECOVERED from the virus. He’s the oldest patient to beat it so far.
2. The Dow Jones bounced back yesterday, and gained 1,167 points. That’s one day after it lost 2,014 points in its biggest point drop EVER.
3. President Trump’s new Chief of Staff Mark Meadows is now under self-quarantine. He may have come in contact with an infected person at the Conservative Political Action Conference, so they’re being careful.
4. JOE BIDEN and BERNIE SANDERS both had to cancel rallies in Ohio last night. Meanwhile, a doctor at a meeting in D.C. told politicians to stop shaking hands . . . and start using the “live long and prosper” sign from “Star Trek”.
5. At least two Grand Princess cruise ship passengers are now suing the company for negligence. They’re seeking more than $1 million in damages, and filed the suit before they even got off the ship.
6. 41% of people in a new survey said they’re doing NOTHING different to avoid the virus. 15% of us have stockpiled soap or hand sanitizer . . . 20% are avoiding public places . . . and 7% have bought face masks.
7. Delta and American Airlines announced they’re cutting some of their domestic and international flights, because demand has dropped. The airlines have also been disinfecting seats and other surfaces more than usual.
8. Colleges and universities across the country are moving to online classes and telling students to stay home. Harvard told its students to leave for spring break by Sunday, and NOT to come back. They’re hoping to have online classes set up by the time their break ends on March 23rd.