85% of Us Are Now Actively Doing Things to Avoid Getting Sick
A new poll found most of us are now doing things to stop the virus from spreading. 85% of Americans say they’ve changed their behavior in some way to avoid getting sick. Here are the top changes we’ve made in the past month . . .
1. Avoiding crowded places. 67% are doing it now, compared to 27% a month ago.
2. Not touching certain things when you go out. 50%, up from 24%.
3. Better personal hygiene, like washing your hands more. 65% said yes.
4. Skipping work, or working from home. 24%, which is EIGHT TIMES higher than last month. And that’s 24% of ALL adults, not just the 63% who make up the workforce.
5. Avoiding tourists. It’s doubled in the last month to 35%.
6. Keeping your kids home from school. 18% said yes, compared to just 1% last month. But only about 22% of us have school-age kids at home. So 18% is a lot.
7. Wearing a face mask in public. 12%, up from 7% a month ago.
Roughly 1 in 7 people said they’re still not taking ANY protective measures . . . including 6% who hadn’t even heard about the virus before they took the survey.
Like The Joe Show on Facebook. Follow The Joe Show on Twitter. Subscribe to The Joe Show on Youtube. Follow The Joe Show on Instagram.