It’s debatable whether or not the five-second rule is a real thing and it’s safe to eat food off the floor if you pick it up quickly or not.
Buzzfeed ran a survey asking people which foods they will and won’t eat after they drop them on the floor. Here are some of the highlights . . .
1. A cookie . . . 95% will eat it if they drop it on the floor.
2. A Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup . . . 77% will eat it if they drop it.
3. French fries . . . 74% will eat it.
4. A piece of pizza . . . 49% will eat it.
5. A piece of a sushi roll . . . 27% will eat it.
6. Spaghetti and meatballs . . . 6% will eat it.
7. Bread covered in jelly, landing jelly side down . . . 5% will eat it.
8. An ice cream cone, with the ice cream touching the ground . . . 4% will eat it.
Where do you draw the line when it comes to eating food off of the floor?