Here are five things you can look forward to in September . . .
1. The first day of fall is September 22nd.
2. It’s a HUGE month for sports fans: The Kentucky Derby is this Saturday . . . the U.S. Open of tennis goes for the next two weeks . . . the French Open is later this month . . . the U.S. Open of golf starts September 14th . . . the NBA playoffs continue all month . . . and the NFL gets under way next Thursday with the Chiefs hosting the Texans on NBC.
3. For movies, Christopher Nolan’s “Tenet” opens wide this Thursday. And the live-action “Mulan” remake hits Disney-Plus on Friday.
4. A bunch of TV shows are coming back, including “Dancing with the Stars” on the 14th . . . “The Masked Singer” on the 23rd . . . and “The Simpsons”, “Family Guy” and “Bob’s Burgers”, all on the 27th.
And if you’re into award shows, “The Emmys” air September 20th on ABC.
5. And finally, the holidays: The big one is Labor Day this Monday. But a few more you might want to celebrate are: Cheese Pizza Day on the 5th . . . Video Games Day on the 12th . . . Guacamole Day on the 16th . . . Cheeseburger Day on the 18th . . . Talk Like a Pirate Day on the 19th . . . and National Drink Beer Day on the 28th.