It will soon be time for the right of passage that is the summer vacation. This year we will be traveling to some familiar places, up north to see family, and some new places, central Illinois to see friends.
As far as the travel bucket list number one for my wife and I is going to Las Vegas. We hope to head there next hockey season to see the Minnesota Wild play the Vegas Golden Knights.
How many of these bucket list places have you been?
A new survey asked Americans for the things on their “travel bucket list” in the U.S. And here are the top 15 . . .
1. See the Grand Canyon, 36%.
2. Visit Yellowstone National Park, 35%.
3. See Niagara Falls. The American side, I guess, 34%.
4. Go to Las Vegas, 31%.
5. See Mount Rushmore, 27%.
6. Go to Redwood National Park, 27%.
7. Go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans, 26%.
8. Drive the Pacific Coast Highway, 25%.
9. See the fall leaves in New England, 22%.
10. Drive from Miami to Key West, 22%.
11. See Cape Cod, 22%.
12. See a Broadway show in New York City, 21%.
13. Walk along Venice Beach and the Santa Monica pier, 21%.
14. Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge, 21%.
15. Eat a cheesesteak in Philadelphia, 20%.