The top 10 contestants of American Idol sang in live performances on last night’s episode, and voting was open for the duration of the show. By the end of the two-hour telecast, two artists were eliminated, resulting in the season’s top eight finalists.
Judges Katy Perry – who was dressed as Ursula from The Little Mermaid – Lionel Richie and Luke Bryan are now able to save one artist through the rest of the competition – but didn’t use it last night. The contestants all sang Disney songs, and Rebel Wilson was on hand to dish out advice.
Glee alum Lea Michele dropped by to sing “Part of Your World” from The Little Mermaid. And former Idol winner Maddie Poppe and her boyfriend, runner-up Caleb Lee Hutchinson made an appearance to perform “A Whole New World” from Aladdin. Contestant performances included:
- Uche – “Eye to Eye” from A Goofy Movie
- Laci Kaye Booth – “I See the Light” from Tangled
- Alejandro Aranda – “Remember Me” from Coco
- Alyssa Raghu – “Colors of the Wind” from Pocahontas
- Wade Cota – “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” from Toy Story
- Dimitrius Graham – “You’ll Be in My Heart” from Tarzan
- Walker Burroughs – “When Somebody Loved Me” from Toy Story 2
- Madison VanDenberg – “How Far I’ll Go” from Moana
- Laine Hardy – “Oo-De-Lally” from Robin Hood
- Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon – “Candle on the Water” from Pete’s Dragon
With the voting window closed, it was time for results. Uche and Graham were eliminated from the competition, and the judges did not choose to use their one save.