Here are a few more good news stories from the outbreak . . .
1. Teachers can get a free donut and coffee at Krispy Kreme next week. And on Tuesday, ANYONE who buys a dozen will get an extra dozen for free. They want people to give them away to teachers.
2. Walmart is going to offer 320 free drive-in movie nights in its parking lots this summer. The first one is next Friday, and they run through October. You can see the schedule and reserve your spot at TheWalmartDriveIn.com. Movies include “Wonder Woman”, “E.T.”, “The Wizard of Oz”, and “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse”.
3. A bunch of veterans in West Palm Beach, Florida got together and donated groceries to more than 200 healthcare workers. A woman who helped organize it said they just wanted to help, say thanks, and save them a trip to the store.
4. Just like the NBA, the NHL is playing in a “bubble” this season, in Edmonton and Toronto. And on Wednesday, a bunch of Las Vegas Golden Knights players helped out by sending pizzas to a homeless encampment near their hotel.
5. It’s nice to know kids are still kids during all this nonsense: A five-year-old girl in Colorado released a balloon, and wrote a message on it that said her top wish for 2020 was to get a PONY. And a woman with SEVEN horses found it 50 miles away.
She tracked the girl’s family down online and got in touch. They’re hoping to meet up soon to go for a ride together.