Here are a few more good news stories from the outbreak . . .
1. America now has its OWN World War Two vet walking for charity. Captain Tom Moore raised millions in the U.K. last month. Now a 99-year-old in Oregon named Bud Lewis is doing it. He’s raising money for a charity called the Sunshine Division by walking 100 laps around a track before his 100th birthday in August.
2. We could cut the time it takes to test a vaccine by a few months if 100 people are willing to get the trial version AND be infected with the virus. So a site called “1 Day Sooner” is letting people sign up. And over 20 THOUSAND have already applied.
3. A 7-year-old in Wisconsin was planning a lemonade stand before everything shut down. So she launched a virtual one with coupons, and it’s raising TENS OF THOUSANDS of dollars for charity. Enough to feed over 600 families a week.
4. A guy in Belgium who has access to a crane has been taking it to nursing homes, so people can visit family members at their windows on high floors. He was driving by a home recently . . . saw a guy yelling up to his mom from the sidewalk . . . and realized he could help.
5. Someone made a site called IsolationCreations.org to celebrate all the creative stuff people have done in lockdown. Like music and art projects.
6. All next week, Krispy Kreme is congratulating 2020 graduates by giving them free donuts. If you show up in your cap and gown, or something that says “Class of 2020” on it, you get a dozen donuts free.