Here are a few more good news stories from the outbreak . . .
1. Every Wednesday, a group of volunteers in California called the “Elder Kindness Gang” has been organizing car parades. They plan their routes so they pass by as many nursing homes as possible, just to cheer people up.
2. When the lockdown started, a woman in Houston decided to make 100 face masks to give away to people in her community. Then her neighbors started cutting fabric, and have helped make 1,000 more. And if anyone ever offers her money for them, she donates it to charity.
3. A 100-year-old Muslim guy in the U.K. was inspired by Captain Tom Moore, and started walking in his garden to raise money for charity. In less than a month, he’s raised close to a quarter-million dollars and walked every day, all while fasting for Ramadan.
4. Speaking of Ramadan: A mosque in Germany had to limit the number of people who could be inside at once. So a Christian church down the street opened its doors, so they could hold Ramadan services at a second location.
5. A dad in Texas drove over 500 miles from El Paso to Austin, just to surprise his daughter on her 19th birthday and bring her Chick-fil-A. Then he left and got out of her hair. They hung out for 30 minutes, and the drive took 17 hours roundtrip.