Here are a few more good news stories from the outbreak . . .
1. An emergency room doctor from Louisiana got the virus in April, then had a stroke. He was on a ventilator for 39 days but survived. And on Friday, he finally left the hospital and got to see his wife and kids for the first time in three months.
2. A doctor in northern England ran 22 miles with a mask on, just to show people it doesn’t affect your oxygen levels. He used a sensor on his finger to show that his blood oxygen never dropped.
3. Little Caesars has now donated over a million pizzas to healthcare workers across the country. And Hanes is handing out a million face masks to the homeless.
4. There’s a charity called Mary’s Meals that normally provides food for kids at school. So they’ve had to pivot the last few months. But they’re now reaching just as many kids at home as they were before. Around 1.6 MILLION every day around the world.
5. A family in Ohio couldn’t pay their rent after the dad lost his job because of the pandemic. But instead of kicking them out, their landlord told them to stay, and gave them $100 to help cover their other bills. Quote, “If I was in [their] shoes, I would want someone to do the same for me.”