Here are a few more good news stories from the outbreak . . .
1. A single mom in L.A. lost her job because of the pandemic and only had $12 to her name. So she decided to invest it in her eight-year-old son’s idea to start a business selling plants. It’s called “Aaron’s Garden,” and business is booming after he blew up on Instagram. Someone also started a GoFundMe page that’s raised over $25,000.
2. Two frontline nurses in Miami lost their apartment in a fire late last month. But then a teenager with a nonprofit called “Helping Hands” saw their story . . . found them a new place to live . . . and covered their rent for the first three months.
3. A new cheap ventilator just got approved by the FDA this month. And one of the people who made it happen is Avi Gupta, last year’s winner of the “Jeopardy” Teen Tournament.
4. Bill and Melinda Gates announced they’re donating $150 billion to make the coronavirus vaccine more affordable in poorer countries around the world. It’ll bring the cost down to as little as $3 a dose in 92 countries.
5. A single mom who works as a nurse in Georgia has been borrowing her son’s car to get to work, but knew she’d need another one when he went back to school. Now she doesn’t have to worry about it after an auto body shop gave her a new car for free.