Here are a few more good news stories from the outbreak . . .
1. A dad in the U.K. was so sick from COVID-19, his doctors gave him virtually no chance of surviving. But now he’s beaten the odds. He still has some lingering effects . . . but three months later, he’s about to go home.
2. Researchers at M.I.T. built a robot that blasts UV light, and can disinfect a 4,000 square foot warehouse in 30 minutes.
3. A woman in Toronto named Dorothy Rose performed for troops in World War Two, and STILL does shows at age 97. Yesterday was Canada Day, which is like their Fourth of July. And she couldn’t sing at a venue this year because of the pandemic. So she went outside and sang for all her neighbors instead.
4. A bunch of kids drew pictures and wrote messages to thank healthcare workers. And their artwork will be up on a massive screen in Times Square until July 10th.
5. “Reader’s Digest” is running a contest called “United in Kindness” that features the year’s most inspiring stories from all 50 states. You can check it out and vote for your favorite on RD.com.