Here are a few more good news stories from the outbreak . . .
1. Kings Food Markets has about 25 grocery stores in New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut. And the CEO hates that people keep yelling at employees about masks. So she’s started giving out her own phone number. That way if they really need to yell, they can call and yell at her.
2. Employees at a library in Australia have been keeping busy by calling all 8,000 members who are 70 and older, just to check in and see if they need anything. The response has been great. A lot of them are just happy to have someone to talk to.
3. There’s a 15-year-old kid in England named Joseph Beer who’s on the autism spectrum. And he’s been riding his bike around and cleaning all the street signs in his town. His mom says he really enjoys it, and it helps him stay focused. Now people in town have raised over a thousand bucks to buy him new equipment.
4. A little girl in Canada was sad she couldn’t have a party for her sixth birthday. So her mom put the word out, and 200 total strangers from all over the world sent cards and gifts. Her birthday was last Thursday, and she’s still getting them in the mail.
5. Here’s a great story about a frontline worker. A doctor named Russell Ledet lives in Baton Rouge and grew up poor, but still managed to get his Ph.D. Now he’s finishing up his M.D. at the same hospital where he used to work as a security guard.