The Average American Likes Their Steak Well Done, on a Grill, with a Baked Potato
If you leave the steaks on the grill too long this weekend, don’t worry. You might not get many complaints. Because the most popular way to cook a steak in 2020 is . . . well done.
21% of Americans prefer their steak well done, according to a new poll. Medium-well is next with 20% of the vote. Then medium at 16%. Here are five more quick stats from the survey . . .
1. Three out of 10 people are planning to attend a cookout this weekend. We do it six times a summer, on average. And July 4th is the most popular day for it.
2. 57% of us think steak tastes better on a grill than in a pan or in a smoker. And 60% feel confident in our ability to cook a good steak.
3. The T-bone is our favorite cut, followed by porterhouse, ribeye, and filet mignon.
4. 43% of us think plain old salt and pepper are the best seasonings for steak. But 44% also like to use a marinade.
5. Our favorite side when we’re eating a steak is a baked potato.