This used to seem like a big chunk of time. But at this point, what else do we have to do? A new survey found that spring cleaning takes an average of five hours.
The average American will spend 57 days of their life cleaning, which is only about 26 minutes a week. So apparently it doesn’t include things like dishes, or tidying up. Here are the ten spring cleaning tasks we hate most . . .
1. Washing the windows, inside and out. Especially if you need a ladder.
2. Dusting the blinds and windows. Probably because of allergies.
3. Dusting shelves.
4. Washing the baseboards on your walls.
5. Cleaning the oven.
6. Cleaning the refrigerator.
7. Vacuuming your entire place, including the hard-to-reach spots.
8. Dusting mirrors. (Why did they split “dusting” up into three categories?)
9. Cleaning light fixtures and furniture.
10. Deep-cleaning the tub. A few more that just missed the Top 10 were cleaning kitchen cabinets, deep-cleaning the bathroom, and flipping your mattress.