People have less patience today than ever before. And three-quarters of people think it’s because modern technology has ruined our ability to wait for anything.
What do you have no patience for?
For me it’s slow walkers, long talkers, people sitting at a green light and the whole thing when you go out to eat where you have to wait for your check and then wait for them to grab your payment and wait for them to bring back your change…that whole interaction takes way to long.
Here’s how long it takes before we start losing our patience in different scenarios . . .
1. Waiting for a website to load . . . 16 seconds until we start to lose it.
2. Waiting for a movie or TV to start streaming . . . 22 seconds.
3. Waiting for a traffic light to change . . . 25 seconds.
4. Waiting for a line to start moving . . . 30 seconds.
5. Waiting to get a drink at a bar . . . seven minutes.
6. Waiting for a completely dead phone to turn on once you plug it in . . . 11 minutes.
7. Waiting for our luggage to show up after a flight . . . 13 minutes.
8. Waiting for food to arrive at a restaurant . . . 14 minutes.
9. Waiting for someone to respond to an important email . . . 90 minutes.
10. Waiting for a refund for something we returned online . . . four days.
Like The Joe Show on Facebook. Follow The Joe Show on Twitter. Subscribe to The Joe Show on Youtube. Follow The Joe Show on Instagram.