More “Good News” Stories from the Coronavirus Outbreak
Here are a few more good news stories from the outbreak . . .
1. Someone at a restaurant in Ocean Grove, New Jersey called The Starving Artist ordered $43 in food and left the staff a $1,000 tip. Seven people split it, so they each got about 150 bucks.
2. 75% of parents say they’ve witnessed a big moment in their child’s life that they would have missed if they hadn’t been forced to stay home.
3. Could all the social distancing we’ve done have OTHER benefits? There’s a rare infectious disease in kids called acute flaccid myelitis that causes paralysis. It’s similar to polio. But experts think we might avoid an outbreak this year because of the lockdowns.
4. Landlords have been in a tough spot the last few months. But one in England went above and beyond for seven college students. When they all moved out, he gave their full security deposit back . . . plus an extra 50 British pounds each to thank them for being good tenants. That’s about $63, or almost $500 total.
5. Here’s a great idea to get people back to work. A group in West Palm Beach, Florida has started doing drive-thru job fairs to help people find jobs.