Here are a few more good news stories from the outbreak . . .
1. A photo of a couple getting married at the airport in New Orleans is going viral. They were supposed to get married in April, but had to cancel it. So they got married at the airport on Friday while friends and family watched on Zoom. Then they immediately got on a plane to Mexico for their honeymoon.
2. The pandemic is making us rethink our eating habits and how they affect our immune system. 77% of Americans in a new poll say they want to do more when it comes to eating healthy.
3. Here are a few back-to-school stories. A dad in China made his son’s first day back extra special by dressing up as a Transformer. And a kid in England celebrated his first day back in the world by recreating a shot from “Toy Story 3”. (Here’s the scene.)
4. A technical college in India did a virtual graduation, and made personalized avatars for all 2,186 students. Once they got their diplomas, they could walk around their virtual campus one last time, and even meet up with friends.
5. Lawrence Brooks is America’s oldest living World War Two vet. He’ll be 111 this Saturday, and can’t see a lot of people right now. So the National World War Two Museum posted his address, and they’re asking people to send cards. He says the secret to a long life is to take care of your body, and “be nice to people.”