Here are a few more good news stories from the outbreak . . .
1. A team of scientists in India have developed a cheap paper test for coronavirus that almost works like a pregnancy test. It could become a real game changer in terms of our ability to test ourselves at home in an affordable, accurate, fast way.
2. There’s a guy in California named Mitchell Couch who’s been building desks for low-income students who need a place to set up for remote learning. He’s already built dozens of desks for people in the community.
3. A new study found wearing a face mask does NOT lead to a buildup of carbon dioxide or restrict a person’s oxygen.
4. An elderly Vietnam veteran in Washington who was working as an elementary school volunteer made such an impact on the kids that a lot of them are now keeping in touch as pen pals . . . and even volunteering to check up on him or walk his dog.
5. People all over have begun embracing a Dutch concept called “niksen” during the pandemic . . . that’s a way of de-stressing by doing NOTHING. You just give yourself permission to spend time looking out a window, daydreaming, or hanging with your pet.